After 3 years of implementation, SCORE project completed its activities on 30th of October 2020. Project started on August 2017, with main objective the training of health professionals and community workers on issues related to the support of refugees and immigrants in areas except the first entrance.
For this purpose, project’s partners developed an innovative Online Training Program for health professionals and community workers, who are providing help and services to refugees and immigrants. The Online Training Program, which is available in five languages: English, Greek, Italian, Spanish and Danish, was implemented in all partners’ countries from January until July 2020.
Main outputs of our project
SCORE project was implemented from organizations with experience on European collaboration, from Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark. Their priority was the production of high quality intellectual outputs and to inform people about SCORE’s activities and the problems which refugees and immigrants are facing. Main outputs of the project are the following:
- Targeted and extensive researches on the needs of refugees/immigrants, health professionals and community workers, on issues related to the support of refugees and immigrants (in areas except the first entrance). The surveys were conducted in Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark. The results of these researches were used for the development of project’s training program.
- Development of an innovative Online Training Program for health professionals and community workers, on issues related on understanding the problems which refugees and immigrants are facing and the provision of targeted services to them. University of Patras was responsible for the creation of the educational material. p-consulting.gr designed and developed the e-learning platform.
- Participation of 260 health professionals and community workers from Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark to the Online Training Program, during 2020.
- Implementation of 7 Multiplier Events in Greece, Italy, Spain and Denmark during 2019 and 2020.
- Implementation of various dissemination activities, aiming in informing and raising awareness of citizens and professionals who are working with refugees and immigrants, in all partners’ countries. It is estimated that more than 2.000 people were approached and informed about the activities and the results of SCORE project.
What is next?
SCORE partners decided to continue informing citizens about the project’s results and after its completion. Partners from Greece, Italy and Spain will run repeat the Online Training Program during 2021, so as more health professionals and community workers to be trained on this issue. Finally, project’s website will remain active for at least 5 years, until 2025, providing not only information on the issue regarding refugees and immigrants, but also on the implementation of the Online Training.
Stay tuned for our upcoming actions!